- Tweets – tweet can be just a statement made by a user Shared to followers. More relevent tweets, more network
- copy someone else’s tweet as one’s own,sometimes with additional comments. Retweet shows content quality
- Retweets are marked with either “RT” followed by ‘@user id’ or “via @user id”
- Retweet is considered the feature that has made Twitter a new medium of information dissemination .
- Mentions / Reply -People often write a tweet addressing a specific user. We call such a tweet a mention. Both replies and mentions include ‘@’ followed by the addressed user’s Twitter id. Mention helps in brand building & customer support.
- Singleton – If a tweet has no reply or a retweet, then we call it a singleton. This means tweet need more relevance & more network to publish
- Favorites- Favorites, represented by a small star icon next to a Tweet, are most commonly used when users like a Tweet. Favoriting a Tweet can let the original poster know that you liked their Tweet, or you can save the Tweet for later. This reflects content quality